Collecting Signs of Impact from 2003-2006: Montenegro
Posted by civilsocietyindex on August 17, 2009
During the 2003-2006 phase of the CSI (which you can find out more about on our website: http://www.civicus.org/csi/phase-one) CIVICUS’ country partner in Montenegro was Centar za Razvoj Nevladinih Organizacija (CRNVO), or the Center for the Development of Non-Governmental Organisations.
The mission of CRNVO:
- To provide support to development of non-governmental organizations in Montenegro and contribute to creation of a favorable environment for citizens’ participation in public policy issues and civil society development
The key aims of the organization are:
- increase capacity of NGOs
- to improve cooperation between state, local government, non-governmental organizations and commercial sector
- to increase understanding of importance and role that NGOs play in the society
- to contribute to the development of democracy, rule of law and human rights.
Since 2001, as part of its programmatic activities to strengthen non-governmental organisations, CRNVO has provided one to five day trainings about democracy and civic education, ensuring funds for NGO work, preparing project proposals, successfully implementing projects, building team relations, assessing projects and organizations, managing funds, making long-term plans and strategies, NGO management, lobbying and managing public campaigns, and public relations.
After implementing the CSI in the previous phase and identifying corporate social responsibility as an area that needed further development, CRNVO’s Team of Trainers also began giving one-day trainings about corporate social responsibility to members of the private sector. In the future, they hope to extend the training to include working on concrete plans for becoming more socially responsible.
For more information about CRNVO’s trainings, please visit their informative and interactive website: http://www.crnvo.cg.yu/eng/trening.php
You can also learn more about CRNVO and its other work on its homepage: http://www.crnvo.cg.yu/eng/
Thank you to partners for sharing your national and regional signs of impact from the previous phase of CSI implementation, and keep watching this blog for more stories of impact of the CSI around the world!